The purpose of the Village of Tarrytown Community Message Boards located at the McKeel Parking Lot and at the intersection of Routes 119 and 9 (the jughandle) is for the Village Administration and other recognizable, local organizations to deliver timely information about events, commemorations, and public service programs going on in the Village and neighboring municipalities.
1. TIMING: Every effort will be made to honor Banner requests in a timely fashion. Applications are on a first come first serve basis, but the Village Administration reserves the right to prioritize when/if it deems necessary.
- Banners applications should be submitted no less than 2 weeks prior to the requested date.
- A Banner will be allowed until the advertised event date or for a maximum of two weeks.
- After its permitted time, a banner will be removed from the Message Board by the Village at a time determined by them.
- Banners promoting ongoing events may, at the discretion of the Village Administration, be permitted to run on a perpetual basis.
2. BANNER SIZE:
- McKeel –Max size: 40 inches x 40 inches
- Intersection of Routes 119 and 9 (Jughandle); Max size: 12 feet x 3 feet
3. BANNER CONSTRUCTION, DESIGN AND REGULATIONS:
- The banner or sign should relate to a local event or public service program of interest to the Tarrytown community and be open to the general public.
- Banners/signs must be made from material suitable for outdoor use and attached to the supplied frame and hardware using an appropriate cord, rope, or outdoor-rated zip-tie.
- Design must include the name(s) of the organization(s) funding or sponsoring the banner.
- Banner design must be approved by the Village Administration.
- Banners from outside organizations may not claim to represent the Village of Tarrytown.
- The Village is not responsible for maintaining Banners/signs once installed. If damaged while hung, a banner will be removed, and no replacement offered.
Any violation of the rules noted shall cause an applicant’s banner(s)/sign(s) to be removed from the community bulletin board(s) and may be sufficient reason to disapprove a future request for the use of the community bulletin board.Any questions should be directed to the Village Administrator’s Office at 914-631-1785.